How to create captions for your video with 3 Play media?October 16, 2019
3Play Media is online platform that allows you to upload your video and return transctipt and captions.
It is not a free service, but it has flexible pricing options – basically, you don’t have to purchase any subscription and they allow to use service occasionally. Click here to check prices for 3playmedia transcription services.
It allows you to add closed captions to any video or animation you have created. This software also creates transcripts of your videos and animations.
How do you get a transcript and captions for your video?
1. Uploading your video to 3Play Media who create captions
2. Downloading the captions file from 3Play Media
3. Uploading captions file to the other platform where your video is published.
4. Editing captions in generated in 3Play Media
(point 3 and 4 don’t have to go in that exact order)
Uploading video to 3Play Media
Log into 3Play Media
On the home screen, select ‘Upload Media’ which is located in the top left-hand corner.
Choose the file(s) you wish to upload by clicking on the ‘Choose Files’ green button and selecting the correct video from your computer.
Click the blue ‘Start Uploads’ button to upload your video. You will be brought to the Upload screen and asked the following series of questions about your order:
1. Service: Which service would you like?
On the upload screen, click ‘Continue’. (You do not need to click anything else on this page, as transcription and captioning is selected by default).
2. Options: Which turnaround would you like?
The default option is ‘Standard’ which has a cost per minute of USD 2.50. However, if the transcript is required urgently, then choose ‘Expedited’ or ‘Rush’. Once you have made your selection, click ‘Continue’.
3. Location: Where would you like us to store your files?
You will be prompted to select the option to create a new folder. However, if you know that a folder already exists, select ‘upload to an existing folder’ and you will be presented with a list of folders. When you are happy with your selection, click ‘Continue’.
4. Summary: Please confirm your order.
Tick the box to confirm that ‘I am aware of the file cancellation policy and would like to place my order’.
Click on the blue ‘Place Order’ button to confirm.
The turnaround for standard video captions/transcripts is usually 5 days.
Downloading Captions from 3Play Media
Log into 3Play Media
- On the home screen, search for Folders (located on left of screen).
- Locate the folder you selected for your files to be downloaded to when you placed your order.
- Open this folder and find the correct file.
- Select the file and click ‘Download’ from the options at the top of your screen. This takes you to a ‘Transcript Preview’ screen.
- From the Web Caption Formats on the right of your screen, select ‘WEBVTT (.vtt)’ to download your file onto your computer.
- Go to your computer downloads folder and locate the captions file.
- Upload the captions file to the video.
- Check that captions have been added successfully and ensure that captions synch correctly with video.
○ Do you want to kickstart your training development process? ○
|Subscribe and start using this easy, intuitive, FREE template. It will speed up your planning process, help to visualise the course workflow, and ensure that the training is engaging, and adheres to main principles of adult learning. |
As long as you have an account with Trello, you will be able to copy this online course design template and use it to design your courses.