How do you get a transcript and captions for your video?
- Uploading your video to 3Play Media who create captions
- Downloading the captions file from 3Play Media
- Uploading captions file to the other platform where your video is published.
- Editing captions in generated in 3Play Media (point 3 and 4 don’t have to go in that exact order)
Uploading video to 3Play Media
1. Service: Which service would you like?
On the upload screen, click ‘Continue’. (You do not need to click anything else on this page, as transcription and captioning is selected by default).
2. Options: Which turnaround would you like?
The default option is ‘Standard’ which has a cost per minute of USD 2.50. However, if the transcript is required urgently, then choose ‘Expedited’ or ‘Rush’. Once you have made your selection, click ‘Continue’.
3. Location: Where would you like us to store your files?
You will be prompted to select the option to create a new folder. However, if you know that a folder already exists, select ‘upload to an existing folder’ and you will be presented with a list of folders. When you are happy with your selection, click ‘Continue’.
Tick the box to confirm that ‘I am aware of the file cancellation policy and would like to place my order’.Click on the blue ‘Place Order’ button to confirm. The turnaround for standard video captions/transcripts is usually 5 days.
Downloading Captions from 3Play Media
Log into 3Play Media
- On the home screen, search for Folders (located on left of screen).
- Locate the folder you selected for your files to be downloaded to when you placed your order.
- Open this folder and find the correct file.
- Select the file and click ‘Download’ from the options at the top of your screen. This takes you to a ‘Transcript Preview’ screen.
- From the Web Caption Formats on the right of your screen, select ‘WEBVTT (.vtt)’ to download your file onto your computer
- Go to your computer downloads folder and locate the captions file.
- Upload the captions file to the video.
- Check that captions have been added successfully and ensure that captions synch correctly with video.